Episode 006 of Next Without For, SNOBOL, is posted!
Direct Link to MP3:
- SNOBOL reference site - https://www.snobol4.org/
- Online SNOBOL4 compiler in a browser - https://tio.run/#snobol4
- Generational list of programming languages (Wikipedia)
- Macro SNOBOL4 in C
- http://www.snobol4.com/ - commercial implementation of SNOBOL called SPITBOL from Catspaw
- SNOBOL4+ was Catspaw's flagship product - Free 16-bit SNOBOL4+ for MS-DOS.
- Catspaw's more limited but free Vanilla SNOBOL4
- Vanilla SNOBOL4 comes with excellent documentation.
- Minnesota SNOBOL4 (http://www.berstis.com/snobol4.htm )
- SPITBOL 360 is an implementation of the SNOBOL4 programming language for use on IBM 360 compatible computers.
- SNOBOL at Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNOBOL
- Dave Farber at LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/davefarber/ , email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- History of Programming Languages. A History of the SNOBOL Programming Languages , 1978 - http://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a404/c09b14e2b03496604387f532fd33975179ec.pdf
- The “Green Book”, “The SNOBOL4 Programming Language”, second edition, by Griswold, Poage and Polonsky. https://ftp.snobol4.org/misc/ftp.cs.arizona.edu/gb.pdf
- SNOBOL4 T-shirt - http://www.snobol4.com/tshirt.htm Get It Before It Gets You!
- SNOBOL mailing list at groups.io - https://groups.io/g/snobol
- Dr. Dobbs - Programs That Transform Their Own Source Code; or: the Snobol Foot Joke - https://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/programs-that-transform-their-own-source/228701469
- SNOBOL - You grab your foot with your hand, then rewrite your hand to be a bullet. The act of shooting the original foot then changes your hand/bullet into yet another foot (a left foot).
- When searching for SNOBOL on Amazon, a couple of weird references come up:
- Don't Panic! I'm A Professional SNOBOL Programmer: Customized Lined Notebook Journal Gift For A Qualified SNOBOL Developer Paperback - Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Panic-Professional-SNOBOL-Programmer/dp/B09DMTT21L A funny customized lined notebook journal for a hard working SNOBOL Programmer . Give this keepsake book to a colleague, friend or family member, instead of a throw away greeting card to show how much they are appreciated.
SNOBOL Programming: Lined Notebook Journal, Awesome Gift for Programmers, Software Developers, and IT Professionals - Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/SNOBOL-Programming-Programmers-Developers-Professionals/dp/B09CC67LDW